The Parklands Hotel website has been designed with accessibility issues in mind and has been tested in various ways to meet accessibility standards.
- All pages on this site aim to comply with all priority 1, 2, and in most cases, 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Please bear in mind that many of these guidelines are intentionally vague and can therefore not really be tested automatically.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and use CSS 2.1 for visual presentation. Tables are not used for non-tabular information anywhere on the site.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
- Pages can be navigated and their content read without requiring the use of a mouse.
- All pages have been compatibility tested in a range of browsers including: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
- Cascading styles sheets are used for visual layout.
- If stylesheets are unsupported by your browser, the content of the pages is still readable.
- Images used only as part of the overall site design have null ALT attributes
- For those with a wheel-equipped mouse, text size can be adjusted by holding down the CONTROL key on the keyboard and moving the mouse wheel accordingly.
- Text size can also be adjusted using the browser's own function.
- Font sizes used are relative.
- Content images (i.e. those not used for overal site design) used on this site include descriptive ALT and TITLE attributes.
- All adjacent navigation links are separated by non-links.
- Where required, links employ title attributes to describe the destination in greater detail.
- Links are written to still make sense, even out of context.
- Where the destination of a given link will take the user to a new window, this is clearly indicated for the visually impaired.
- Adjacent links are always separated by non-link text.
- For those without a mouse, all form input fields can be tabbed to.
- All of the input elements in the forms on this site are marked up with label tags.
- All pages are printer friendly and should print without issue on standard A4 paper.
- Elements not required in a printed document (such as site navigation) are removed upon print.